Sunday, September 11, 2011

As I reflect on this beautiful sunny day, that so completely changed the course of our history as a nation so completely ten years ago, I feel so proud to be an American, and feel such warmth and compassion for all those that have lost loved ones these past ten years. God bless America, our thoughts and prayers are with you!


I've been a bit lazy this weekend and figured I'd better get this card posted for this week's My Favorite Things sketch challenge. I got this sweet PI image at the end of last fall and haven't got to use it much, so it was fun to ink it up again!  I heat embossed her and the sentiment with sparkly black, which gives it all a nice shimmer, not always visible in the photos. She's watercolored with Tombow markers and I layered her on several Spellbinder dies, each with foam tape for lots of dimension. I always love the way stitching looks on cards and though my sewing machine doesn't work very well, I added a little border stitching here. All of the My Mind's Eye designer papers are embossed with embossing folders and I added a My Favorite Things lace edge die (purple) and lace made with a Martha Stewart edge punch (white).  I can't resist the seam binding ribbon, and added an orange bow here.



1 comment:

  1. I was browsing through scs and I came across your cards. I love your creations. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.TFS..

    ReplyDelete