Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Winter Deer

Stopping by to drop in a card for the Splitcoaststamper's Sketch Challenge.




I just got my Christmas stamps from SU and couldn't wait to play around with the deer stamp in the Nature's Beauty set. I'm still working on the best way to color her, this is with Copic markers, but I also tried watercolor paper and SU markers with a palette and paint brush, for today, I liked the Copics better. I had recently purchased this 3d tree embossing folder by Sara Signature and wanted to create a soft background to make my doe pop, I used a sponge dauber and oxide ink pads to softly color the trees. The sentiment is from the SU Merry Christmas to All stamp set and was stamped on MFT circle Die-namics. The tree panel and the sentiment were framed with shiny gold cardstock, I had originally added some gold shimmer to the background Tin Tile EF, but thought it was too much, so I turned it over for a more subtle background.

Hugs,
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment