Tuesday, September 9, 2014

ODBDSLC213 - Stitches

The Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs this week is to create a card with stitching, real or faux .  Join us here for all of the details.


For our stitches challenge this week I chose my favorite bird from Our Daily Bread Designs and heat embossed and colored it up with Stampin Up Markers.  I combined a lace border from the Beautiful Borders set with a flourish and the new ODBD Doily die and topped it off with a seam binding bow.

ODBD Stamps Used: Bird
ODBD Paper Used: Blushing Rose Collection


Other Supplies: Spellbinder dies, foam tape, embossing folders, seam binding ribbon, Stampin Up Markers, heat embossing, water pen.

Check out the blogs of my talented friends for more inspiration.

7 comments:

  1. What a great layout and I love your crinkly bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, DJ, I think we both love this sweet bird, and he's beautifully colored!! And I love the color combination you chose and how the doily and border add such a delicate touch along with the foliage die and your "signature" bow (always LOVE those). Beautiful card again, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh DJ, that is my favorite bird!! love how you've done all your layers and your stitching at the top! Love the doily sticking out and your flourishes as well! Your ribbon and bow is gorgeous as always!! Love it my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful DJ!! I just love the bird and your coloring and choice of colors!! The added foliage and stitching is the perfect detail!! Gorgeous my friend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful!! So many details to take in from design to colors, layers and bow! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! DJ this is so beautiful! {{sigh!}} I love the pops of black! And I love the image, it is one of my all time faves! Love your use of color, your coloring and that incredible bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love this bird too! Love all the layers you've added and your stitching adds a gorgeous touch!

    ReplyDelete