Tuesday, October 14, 2014

ODBDSLC215 - Anything Goes Part 2

The Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs this week is part 2 Anything Goes.  Join us here for all of the details.



 For the Anything Goes challenge this week I was living the vida loca, ya, you guessed it, glitter!! I had glitter everywhere, my face, clothes, I think I even drank some in my coffee!  The result was well worth it though because my poinsettias are covered in frosty goodness and ready for Christmas!  I started out by embossing the background with a Merry Christmas folder and heat embossing the wonderful new ODBD Wisemen Ornament in black and water coloring it with soft blue re inker and a water pen, the ODBD Doily die is the perfect frame.  Next I made a bunch of poinsettias with the new ODBD Peaceful Poinsettia dies and sponged them with soft blue ink while they were still in the die, next came the glitter explosion and I layered it all on the flourish and branches from the ODBD Fancy Foliage set and extra poinsettia leaves made from the flower die.  I hadn't got enough of the glitter yet, so I put a few large pieces on the branches.

ODBD Stamps Used: Wisemen Ornament



Other Supplies: Foam tape, glitter, embossing folder, heat embossing, re inkers, water pen.

Check out the blogs of my talented friends for more inspiration.


6 comments:

  1. Oh DJ, I love your most gorgeous poinsettias!!! The sparkle and that color is awesome! I love the colors on your card and your three wisemen are just beautiful done as silhouette (I know it is a silhouette but I mean in black!) Lovely, lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DJ, I agree with Robin! Your poinsettias are gorgeous and so sparkly! And I just love this card with the beautiful wisemen ornament with the doily die behind along with the embossing! And you know how much I LOVE your beautiful "signature" ribbon, don't you? They finish off your cards so beautifully! (And did you get all the glitter off everything yet? I can just picture you...hehe!) Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Love the layering. the choice of colors are great. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous DJ!! I just love the sparkly poinsettias and all the texture. The wisemen ornament with the shading and doily die behind as well as your textured background is stunning!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tis the season for glitter....everywhere! Gorgeous artwork DJ! Love the soft colors and awesome design! From textures to glitter this beauty has it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card DJ. Love the embossing and the doily die is a perfect frame. Your poinsettias are gorgeous - love the glittery awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete