Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Celebrate the Season

I'm participating in the Power Poppy Bits & Pieces Challenge and the Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.

Stampin Up colors for CC:
Blushing Bride
So Saffron
Pear Pizazz



The Power Poppy Bits & Pieces challenge is to use only part of an image.  I've been waiting all year to ink up this sweet vintage image and I thought it would be perfect for the color challenge as a non traditional Christmas card. I heat embossed the main image, as well as the background flowers and watercolored with Stampin Up markers. I sponged the layers, as well as a tag with the greeting, and added a bit of holly and a seam binding bow.


Sequins and dry embossing.



Magnolia lace border and sponged tag with holly.



Inside of card.

Stamps: Power Poppy - Heaven & Nature Sing, Bough Wow Wow
Accessories: My Favorite Things Die-namics (Inside & Out Stitched Rounded Square Stax, Double Stitched Square Stax, Fishtail Flag, Stitched Jumbos Fishtail Banner Stax), Merry Christmas embossing folder, Taylored Expressions sequins, Magnolia lace border die, seam binding ribbon, foam tape, heat embossing, Stampin Up markers.

Blessings, 
DJ

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, you did an amazing job on this! Big WOW! Love how you made a whole floral background. Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing in our Bits and Pieces challenge at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, DJ! This is absolutely gorgeous, and I just LOVE that you've used this image for your background designer paper (talk about personalized and delightful paper - it's stunning!). And I love the layout and the beautiful color combination. Your coloring is beautifully soft and elegant, and you know (hehe) how much I love your "DJ" ribbons!! Absolutely stunning (and like Leslie said) a big WOW card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P. S. And I forgot that I love the inside too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete