Friday, March 31, 2017

Flowers on Flowers

The Splitcoaststampers Free for All challenge is to create a flowery background.


These are yesterday's sunflower fails.  I originally planned on using espresso prills for the centers, but realized that I only had gold, thinking I could create espresso by adding drops of re-inker, I didn't realize that the ink would bleed onto the flower petals.  Today, once my messy experiment had dried, I added espresso stemens made with the Heartfelt Creations Flowering Dogwood stemen die and they're looking much better.  Yesterday's sunflowers were stamped in espresso on yellow paper and these were stamped in rust on white paper and then sponged.  The yellow background was stamped with the  same image that the dimensional sunflowers were cut out from, so it does double duty.  I was attempting a masculine card by adding plaid paper and a twine bow.




Heartfelt Creations Supplies:
Lattice Doilies (discountinued)

Other Supplies:
half pearls
twine

Blessings,
DJ

1 comment:

  1. Your stamen are the bomb DJ!! I love them, they look so real! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete