Saturday, August 3, 2013

Make it Monday - Double Backgrounds



I made this one for the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge - double background, and a chance to get started on Christmas cards, check out the tutorial and challenge on the PTI blog.
I love the Hawaiian Shores Cardstock with Classic Kraft together so I inked up my adorable bird from the PTI 'Peace Be Still' set and cut him out with the matching die, added the olive branch and a black eye (no, I didn't hit him, I just added an eye with a Sharpie) then layered him on Spellbinder circles with a doily die underneath, a couple of the layers are raised with foam tape for dimension.



For the double background challenge I stamped the background sentiment from the same set and then stamped the snowflake (also from the same set)with the one off method, getting a lighter effect on the watercolor paper.
The embellishment is a twine bow with a seam binding bow and button on top.

Papertrey Ink: Peace Be Still



Other Supplies:
Spellbinder circle dies, doily die, seam binding ribbon, twine, button, tiny circle die, sharpie, foam tape.

Blessings,
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment