Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge 165



This is my first Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge on the design team, it's so exciting! Join us at the Our Daily Bread Designs blog for details on the challenge.
I made this card for myself as much as for my friend, who's been going through a hard time. I need to continually be reminded not to worry and to give all of my cares to the Lord! Hopefully, this will bring her comfort in her difficult time, as it did me in making it!
Now for the card, I had this crazy idea to frame the Quatrefoil Pattern die and layer on designer paper. The reason this is a crazy idea is because I don't consider myself good at measuring and cutting, weird beause I've done a little quilting in the past, anyway, I managed to cut out the frames with the help of my paper cutter and you can see the result peaking out behind the doily, which is layered under the ODBD Crochet Circle and this inspirational verse. You'll see some antique sponging, embossing folder, and seam binding ribbon bow in the mix also.

Our Daily Bread Designs supplies:

Crocheted Circle Plain

Scripture Series 3

Quatrefoil Pattern Die


Other Supplies:
Spellbinder circles, embossing folder, seam binding, doily die, distress ink.
Many Blessings,
DJ
>

6 comments:

  1. What a stunning card DJ!! I just love that verse and we all need that reminder. Your bright vibrant colors are so cheerful!! Gorgeous use of the Quatrefoil Die and the patterned paper showing through. Such an elegant design!! Welcome to the challenge team!! We are glad to have you join us!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. DJ, I LOVE this verse, and your gorgeous card highlights it beautifully! I love your take on the sketch and love the texture and crinkled binding. Sure to bring hope to your special friend and let her know she is loved and prayed for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness DJ! This is stunning!!! Love the vivid yellow and black! Love the crocheted circle as a border for your verse... and how you used the quatrefoil die... just beautiful!!! So excited to have you in the bread basket with us!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Bread Basket and what a stunning card for your first run out of the box! Great job!! Love how you've utilized so many wonderful ODBD products and using that die as an embossing "folder" is genius!! Lovely work!! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Word! DJ this is stunning! Love this beautiful yellow card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all DJ, congratulations on becoming a challenge team member! I can only imagine what that must feel like. I love that you went to a square version of the sketch and made it work for you. That is true creativity. Your bold colors and brightness really exemplify the Word of God.

    ReplyDelete