Tuesday, August 13, 2013

ODBDSLC #166

Hope you're having a blessed week with lots of warm summer weather! Unless you're tired of warm weather, then I hope it's cool and refreshing where you are!


We have a really beautiful and challenging sketch this week for the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge. Hop on over and join us, all the details are here.
I knew immediately that I wanted to ink up this pretty watering can and colored it with Inktense watercolor pencils and a water pen, then added glitter glue to the flower centers and the butterflies. I wanted to be able to see the satin ribbon underneath the bow, so I placed it sideways and accented the bottom with a lace border die.



Our Daily Bread Designs images used: Happy Birthday


Other Supplies:
embossing folders, doily die, satin ribbon, foam tape, Inktense pencils, water pen, glitter glue, lace border die.
Blessings,
DJ

6 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning, DJ!! I just love your colors, your gorgeous coloring, and the embossing. So much eye candy to take in!! Gorgeous take on the sketch.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, DJ! I love the colors and image you've used, and the black to highlight is fabulous! Beautifully colored image, and I love those added butterflies! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful DJ! One of my favorite sets! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is bright, cheery and absolutely beautiful DJ! Your cards are so refreshing everytime I see one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, DJ! Love your interpretation of the sketch and the beautiful coloring of the image! Beautiful work! So encouraging and uplifting! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this stamp set and I have had difficulty with the watering can, but this gives me wonderful inspiration!! Beautiful card!!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete