Friday, April 7, 2017

Gild the Lily

The Splitcoaststampers Free for All challenge is to use odd sayings to create your card.  I used the expression 'Gild the Lily'.

For the background I stamped the HFC Word Background stamp, sponged it and tore the right side so that it could reveal a piece of HFC designer paper.


For my embossed ornate border die, I cut 3 and glued them together to make chipboard then rubbed with my Versamark pad, covered with gold embossing powder, then heated, two layers of embossing powder gave it a smooth gilded look.
For the lilies, I embossed them in gold and sponged in bright green and yellow, the smaller flowers in darker green.  The stamens of the larger lilies had their tips embossed in gold.  The flowers were finished off with chunky glitter.  Gold Nuvo drops were added around the border die.



Heartfelt Creations Supplies: 
Designer Paper

Other Supplies:
Gold embossing powder
Nuvo - Gold Crystal Drops
chunky glitter

Blessings,
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment