Saturday, April 8, 2017

Purple Flower

The Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge is the My Sweet Petunia blog.  I chose this card for my inspiration.


The inspiration had two things that made it a must to case: purple and a pretty grey background.  The card I cased had a purple rose, but I was interested in making a larger pointy petal flower so I used the HFC Tattered Blossoms,  stamping 4 of the largest flower and 1 of the second largest in purple.  The center was made with sour apple cardstock and the larger stamen die in the HFC Flowering Dogwood die set.  The background was made by stenciling the flourish stencil and crackle texture paste, the paper was sprayed with grey ink before hand and a little ink added to the paste.  For the border piece, I die cut 3 HFC Border & Pocket  dies and glued them together, then covered them with silver die and this shimmery platinum embossing powder.  The other purple cardstock pieces were dry embossed with embossing folders.




Heartfelt Creations Supplies;
Tattered Blossoms Cling Stamp Set  (discountinued)
Tattered Blossoms Die (Discontinued)
Delightful Daisies Die
Flowering Dogwood Die (stamen)

Other Supplies:
embossing folders
pigment ink and embossing powder
Nuvo drops
crackle texture paste
chunky glitter

Blessings,
DJ


No comments:

Post a Comment