Saturday, May 20, 2017

Nesting Bird

The Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge is the Sewpaperpaint blog, you can find the beautiful project that I chose to case here.


I love the frame she made by stamping into wet glaze, I started by inking my work-surface with several inks and after spraying the ink with water, smooshing the mixed media paper in it.  I chose to use transparent glossy texture glaze and stamped it with a My Favorite Things Cheesecloth Background stamp.  The Stampendous Nesting Bird image was heat embossed and colored with Stampin Up markers and a water pen. 

Here's a picture of the stamped glazed frame.


The Sizzix Bigz Butterfly was cut out and embossed on another piece of inked mixed media paper and I added black ink and glitter over.



The corner bouquet was made with the Heartfelt Creations Flowering Dogwood Collection and Leafy Branch stamp and die sets and Crystal Clear Glitter added.  For a tutorial on making the dogwood flowers, check out the HFC blog.

Blessings,
DJ


No comments:

Post a Comment