Tuesday, October 29, 2013

ODBDSLC #176 - No Ribbons or Lace



Happy Tuesday everyone!! The Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge is to create a card with no ribbons or lace, please join us here for all of the details.

For this week's challenge I decided to make a masculine card. The moose was heat embossed and watercolored with distress markers then layered on many Splellbinder dies. My original sketch reflected the pine bows wrapping around the right side, but in the end I thought this would be too heavy, so I pulled out this wonderful flourish from the Custom Fancy Foliage die set which gives it a lighter look. I love this wonderful proverb, perfect for my husband or my Father.

Our Daily Bread Supplies: Fathers Day stamp set, Custom Fancy Foliage die set.

Other Supplies: Spellbinder dies, embossing folders, foam tape, distress markers, water pen.

Check out the blogs of my talented designer friends for more inspiration.

Jan Marie Ennenga
Diana Nguyen
Cheryl Scrivens
Linda Carson
Chris Olsen

Blessings!
DJ

4 comments:

  1. Oh, DJ! Such a rich and masculine card for a man of God indeed! I love the moose image and all the wonderful textures you've used with embossing and dies! It's fabulous, my sweet friend! And all without ribbons or lace! Hugs! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful masculine card DJ!! I love your moose with the colors and added foliage!! What an awesome take on the no ribbon and lace challenge. So much eye candy and texture!! Gorgeous work!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a handsome card DJ! You are so good at layers and textures! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is soooo gorgeous! Maybe I should say handsome but it's actually both!!! :) Love your details... the colors are so striking and the details just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete