Tuesday, December 10, 2013

ODBDSLC #182 - Alternate Fold



Happy Tuesday everyone!! The Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge is to create a card with an alterante fold or 3D(other than traditional top or side fold), please join us here for all of the details.

I might have cheated a bit here, I went for more of an alternate shape than an alternate fold, but I saw this wonderful stable card on Splitcoast Stampers and I was dying to combine it with my favorite Baby Jesus stamp by ODBD. I used a white pigment ink pad instead of white paint and added a swag at the top and bottom.

Our Daily Bread Designs Images: Baby Jesus Single

Our Daily Bread Disigns Dies: Custom Fancy Foliage Dies

Other Supplies: branch punch, button, wood embossing folder, white pigment ink, twine, seam binding ribbon, distress markers

Check out the blogs of my talented friends for more inspiration.

Jan Marie Ennenga
Diana Nguyen
Cheryl Scrivens
Chris Olsen
Robin Clendenning

Blessings!
DJ

7 comments:

  1. Oh how cute is this!! I just love your manger scene DJ with the darling image of the "Babe". The texture, foliage and red bow along with your beautiful coloring is stunning!! Darling in every way and I love how it shows the true meaning of Christmas!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful DJ!!
    Hugs!
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a precious card for our precious baby Jesus!! Love the manger scene you made with the wood grain greenery!!! AND LOVE that beautiful red ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card; I thought it was an ornament when I first saw it so I think it counts! :) Beautiful scene you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this stable card and precious manger surrounded w/picture perfect textures! Awesome! (ps. Congrats on your MFT win! Enjoy shopping!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. DJ, your card is so awesome! That is so creative!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow DJ is this stunning!! The dimension and really wood look is beautiful to go with the beautiful image :)

    ReplyDelete