Tuesday, September 24, 2013

ODBDSLC #172 - Anything Goes!



Happy Tuesday everyone!! The Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge is Anything Goes, please join us here for all of the details.

My choice for the anything goes challenge was based on my excitement to use this gorgeous bird by Our Daily Bread Designs, truthfully, I had intended to make him a blue jay, but then I bought this beautiful Christmas dp and he turned into a cardinal, I'm not sure why there can't be a Christmas bluejay, but it just doesn't seem right!
I started out by making a frame for the bird with the small pine cone from the Sing For Joy set, all the images were heat embossed and watercolored with reinkers. In the top corner I've added the lovely ODBD Custom Decorative Corners die and in the bottom corner I added some sprigs from the ODBD Fancy Foliage set, Spellbinder ivy, small circle punch for berries, a seam binding ribbon bow, and a chocolate button tied with striped twine.

Our Daily Bread Supplies: Sing For Joy stamp set, Custom Decorative Corners dies, Custom Fancy Foliage.

Other Supplies: Spellbinder Little Leaf Sets, embossing folder, foam tape, heat embossing, reinkers, waterpen, seam binding ribbon, twine, button, small hole punch.

Check out the blogs of my talented designer friends for more inspiration.

Jan Marie Ennenga
Diana Nguyen
Cheryl Scrivens
Linda Carson
Chris Olsen

God Bless!!
DJ

6 comments:

  1. Wow DJ!! So rich and incredibly gorgeous!!! Love every detail from your gorgeous coloring to the background panel you created with the pine and your addition of the corner. Stunning!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and rich, DJ! I agree with Chris; this is gorgeous! Love all the details and that great cardinal! And I love your use of the new dies...gorgeous!! Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! Love the embossed background, your use of dies and textures! Hope to see you make him in to a bluejay next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how bold and vivid your card is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness DJ! This is a masterpiece! Love the vibrant colors, the backgrounds, the corner die, the, the, well every single detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DJ this is just gorgeous!!! I love the background you created! Your coloring is awesome and every detail is just perfect!!! One of my fave images too! :) (I have many)

    ReplyDelete