Tuesday, September 17, 2013

ODBDSLC171 - Fall Colors



Happy Tuesday everyone!! The Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge is to make a project with fall colors, please join us here for all of the details.

My husband just walked in carrying bags of steak, he proudly displayed the two roasts he had bought and I got excited that it's almost time to cook inside again, I've missed the smell of slow roasted food in the oven!! I have to say that I love fall! The beautiful trees, crisp air, the excitement of pulling out my leather jacket and boots, football, and coming home from church on Sunday to the smell of roast filling the house!!

For my fall colors card, I chose to watercolor this wonderful ODBD Pumpkin, the die catches all of the intricate details and makes it so easy to pop up on my chocolate colored burlap. Behind the burlap are two of the new Custom Decorative Corner Dies, I made them in tangy orange to liven up my wood grain dp. For the leafy swag at the bottom, I started with the branch and lacey leaf from the Custom Fancy Foliage Die set, and the small leaves are from the Spellbinder Little Leaf Set, it's all topped off with three different twine bows and a large chocolate button. Oh, yah, pumpkin pie is another reason to love fall!!

Our Daily Bread Designs Supplies: Pumpkin stamp, Custom Fancy Foliage Dies, Custom Decorative Corners Dies, Pumpkin Die.

Other Supplies: Chocolate Burlap, embossing folder, Spellbinder Little Leaf die, twine, button, foam tape, reinkers, waterpen, heat embossing. Check out my talented designer friends for more inspiration.

Jan Marie Ennenga
Diana Nguyen
Cheryl Scrivens
Linda Carson
Chris Olsen
Grace Nywening

Hugs,
DJ

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful, DJ, and I LOVE the rich, wonderful fall colors! And that pumpkin with the wonderful dies and foliage add such great texture! A real beauty...just a glimpse of the beauty of the Lord! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the different twines you used to make the bow. And your post made me hungry - can I come over? :) Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so bright and cheery and colored to perfection DJ!! Love your colors and details. The texture adds so much interest!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovely details to take in on this beauty! Wonderful coloring w/wonderful textures! Beautifully designed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fall card!! So colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful mix of textures for a terrific fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DJ, this is just amazing!! Love the colors, the textures, the accents, the coloring and all of the delectable layers!! Do I smell pumpkin pie (to go with that roast beef!) ?

    ReplyDelete