Tuesday, January 7, 2014

ODBDSLC #185 - 2-0-1-4 Recipe Challenge



Happy Tuesday everyone!! The Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge is a 2-0-1-4 Recipe challenge, use each number in the recipe, I used:

2 - dies
0 - lace
1 - bow
4 - pearls
Please join us here for all of the details.

The New Year brings many firsts, so I chose the crocus, which is the first flower to bloom in my yard each year. I chose a lavender cardstock, inked an embossing folder and created a background for my heat embossed watercolored flowers.

Our Daily Bread Designs: Crocus 2

Other Supplies: Cheery Lynn doily die, Spellbinder circle die, sheer ribbon, reinkers, heat embossing, half pearls, embossing folder, foam tape

Check out the blogs of my talented friends for more inspiration.

Elizabeth Whisson
Diana Nguyen
Cheryl Scrivens
Chris Olsen
Robin Clendenning

Blessings!
DJ

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome take on the challenge DJ!! I just love your crocus'. THe shading and coloring is gorgeous!! I don't have crocus' at our new home...yet..LOL! My first flower is the tulip.

    Gorgeous card with your fab coloring and the added elegance of the bow and pearls!!!

    Happy New Year Friend!!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, DJ! I just love your great design for the challenge and this beautiful crocus! I remember when we lived up north they were the first to show as a sign spring was coming! And your gorgeous bow puts such an elegant finishing touch! I love it..sweet friend! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful DJ!! Love that background and how you did it...Looks like brocade fabric. Love your purple crocus as well! As always, you have the most beautiful ribbon and bow!!! I need to take lessons my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card DJ! The crocus flowers are beautiful - love the colouring! Gorgeous background too and I love your bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning DJ! Love the intense color of the crocus and your beautiful embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Your work is always so very nice!

    ReplyDelete